Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tag, I'm it!

My friend Sherry tagged me, then after having to e-mail her to find out what that meant I had to come up with 6 interesting things about myself, or 6 of my favorite things, etc. Here are a little bit of both:
1. I love mystery books. Think Nancy Drew rather than Stephen King. Agatha Christie is brilliant and I am working my way through her books in between several other series I am reading. All of them have female amateur detectives that have a regular day job. Some of them are set in coffee houses, bookstores and cookie shops. All of them help my brain escape and relax. They certainly don't make me smarter the way reading is probably suppose to but I love them all the more for that!
2. God has blessed my life with the most amazing women. Sherry said something similar and I have to echo her sentiments. I have a wonderful array of close, closer and closest relationships with some outstanding ladies. At one time I prayed for female friends and let me tell you that God answered! So give it a try if your circle lacks estrogen and God will surely provide!
3. I have two very unique and precious children. Already at almost eight years old my daughter is mature beyond her years. I am going to learn a lot from her. If she reads this one day let me just say that she is more patient with me than I deserve. She is comfortable enough with herself and I to call me out when I am crabby for no good reason and she is the first to praise me when I am doing something that impresses her. She will make a marvelous Mom one day. My son will always turn my heart to mush with his long eyelashes which I know God gave him on purpose to counteract his mischievous nature! He makes me laugh often as he invites me to see the world his way (where sharing is not always the best way to go and every meal should be made primarily of sugar). What a gift they are!
4. I am married to a man that is the perfect balance of quiet strength and outgoing leadership. He makes people feel important, including me, always honoring them for who they are. He is a great Daddy and boss (which are the same thing sometimes). He is the kind of guy that gets a birthday card from a secretary of a high school that he was employed at six years ago. What a might good man!
5. I love iced mochas and although I won't use the word "addiction" I will say that I have tried to go a few days without one and those weren't the best days ever.
6. I love "The Joy of Painting" with Bob Ross. You know, the PBS show with the guy with big hair? His voice is mesmorizing to me. He is on at noon around here and I have been known to steal a little time with his show and doze a little. . . . mmm.

So now, I get to tag Amy W. and Leslie!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dude~ Thanks for following through with the tag! Great job! You are such an amazing writer, I look forward to reading all your blog entries. Have a super awesome week! Love and iced mochas~ you do make the best!
    Sher

    ReplyDelete