Wednesday, December 3, 2008

All that glitters

My son Kaden has a sixth sense. It is the one that senses glitter glue. I was cleaning out my craft (or crap depending on your point of view) closet today to make some room for Christmas gift storage. I had bought some glitter glue about a month ago for a class project and had hidden it on a high shelf, not in the kids craft basket where we keep the supplies that they can use whenever the mood strikes them. Thinking that it had been long enough since the project and that the kids had forgotten the glue, and liking everything to have a place, I put the glitter glue in the kids basket. Kaden was in his room while all this was occurring. He did not see me in the closet. We had not discussed crafts, he had no reason to go to the closet except for his sixth sense. Literally three minutes after the glue became accessible he walks into the kitchen with it, asking if he can "do this". Now, the part of me that loves glitter (the teacher part) overtook the part of me that cleans the house. Plus, a few months ago at Mom's group we made great wall hangings to hold kids art and ours has become the place for seasonal art. So out comes the shiny red paper and the contstruction paper tree to be trimmed with glitter glue and placed proudly on display. Since he is 5 and his attention span is short it has taken me longer to tell you this story than it did for hime to "do" the glitter glue. The tree is a work of art and his sister will be thrilled that she too gets to indulge in glitter glue when she gets home from school.

4 comments:

  1. Aren't art projects fun! Glad to see some new posts. Always love keeping up with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait till I can hang a glitter "do" on my refrig- Love that art is SO part of Emma and Kaden. However I think dessert at grammy's house has to rank right up there in the "sixth sense" world along with glitter for Kaden!

    Mom-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leah! I'll have to forward you an invite from our little spot in the electronic world so you can feel better about how often you blog. :> Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your art showcases looked really cute the night of the cookie party. I despise glitter glue (okay little strong there) Just don't love it...

    I love that you have as much one on one with Kaden now as you probably had with Emma. Poor Maisie gets the shaft having a baby sis. Hopefully it will all come back around and I'll just have to work extra hard to get her her own moments as #2 and middle kiddo.

    Loving this snow? I bet the kids were excited.
    Maybe you should bring me the "stuff" at church on Sat or Sunday whichever one you are coming to...

    :)Stef

    ReplyDelete